Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Retirement

My dad was supposed to retire today and it appears that he did. I called at 5:18 pm trying to be his last work phone call.

He never was a real late worker, so his voice mail (really a tape based answering machine) answered. No change in his message, "Hi, you've reached __ Raines with _____. Please leave a message."

How about, "I've retired. You can leave a message, but I might not get it. Because I'm retired!"

Maybe they came and got him and dragged him to a retirement party. You know how crazy those geologists can be. Rockin' geologists.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Congratulate your dad on his retirement for me! Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to the day I can retire?

Beau said...

No shame in that!

I've been looking forward to retiring myself for a long time.