- A light rain fall, all day long, will start to soak through the seams of my softshell jacket. Its always great to know the limits of your gear and now I do. It rained on us one day while we were on San Juan Island, so it wasn't dangerous and it was nice to get back to our house and get un-soggy.
- My wife enjoys hiking much more when there is a nice destination. Destinations which qualify as nice include wild flowers, water falls and lakes. She likes the water a lot.
- My daughter prefers lululemon to Juicy Couture. Even thought both are expensive, I think I can endorse that, because at least lululemon projects an active lifestyle while Juicy projects clubbing and Paris Hilton.
- Technical fabrics are great. See number one in this list, but I've started wearing wicking shirts while running, hiking and just around the house. The really do wick away the sweat that much faster which contributes to me being warmer all around.
- Getting away, even if for a few days, makes a great vacation. We rented a house on the San Jaun Islands for 5 days and it was a great break. It was really nice to have a full kitchen, but also nice to be in a vacation spot.
- Outlet Malls are cool. We stopped at the Seattle Premium Outlets and the ones in Burlington on the way back from our vacation and got a lot of great back to school clothes for our daughter. The boys wanted to stay in the car, so they didn't get very much cool stuff. Pooey on them.
- I've learned a whole lot about Subversion, php, mysql, apache, bugzilla and Ubuntu, but I'll go into that later. I've got a few servers with a LAMP stack which I administer and they're running pretty well!
Though I'm not in school, I'm always learning something. I hope you enjoyed your summer too!