Sunday, January 07, 2007

The high cost of branching out

Well, it isn't such a high cost...

I tried some branching out in my Netflix queue. I made a movie choice that doesn't have explosions, car chases, boobs, or kung fu (although it did have some gun play). I chose a documentary.

I chose to watch The High Cost of Low Prices, a documentary about the influences of Wal-Mart on smaller independent retailers. It definitely had an anti-Wal-Mart undertone, but even with the examples where they probably were right about the evils of Wal-Mart, the dramatic or somber music and presentation over did it too much.

It went even as far to not really be a documentary, but more of just anti-Wal-Mart programming. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Wal-Mart, but this had too much bias in it.

I didn't watch the whole thing. I tried. I skipped the last two chapters in the DVD and went to bed.

No comments: