Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Trends I've noticed

Using Google Analytics, I've begun to see some trends in how my blog attracts readers.
  1. I have a dedicated readership (most of my readers are returning readers). Thank you!
  2. They are spread throughout the US
  3. When I post something, I get more visitors and page views
So, just to give you a teaser of what is to come, we are all travelling right now and we took the Amtrak train. And it was quite an adventure.

For me, this is a work trip, and I really haven't had much of a chance to blog. So, I hope you'll accept this and wait for the whole story.

1 comment:

Erik said...

"When I post something, I get more visitors and page views"

The scientist in me says the correlation is obvious; my hypothesis on causality is RSS.

At least, I'm guessing that checks on the RSS feed don't register as page views, but when there are updates, that triggers hits for anyone checking for updates via RSS (eg, me). (side note - bloggers RSS seems to have been busted for the last week or so - admitedly based on the single sample point of bohblog.blogspot.com - I've been getting an "RSS Feed failed to load", or something to that effect, message - today it just shows a single item in the list with no associated text or link).

My backup theory is that there's a natural synchronization between how often folks say "I should see if Boh has updated his blog" and how often you say "I should update my blog" :)