Friday, April 21, 2006

The problem with working from home

I've been working a lot from home lately, but today I went into the office. I had the front door key, my key card and I thought I knew the code for the alarm. With that description, you'd think I work in a vault, but that is only what you need if you are the first one in. Since I was the first one there this morning, I needed all three.

Luckily for me, I was only the first one by 30 seconds or so. Otherwise, I would have gotten to met the Kent Boys in Blue. From lack of use, the code for the alarm had decayed in my head. I had all the right digits, just not in the right quantities. My co-worker had her code (on a card in her purse) so she quickly entered the code before we had a run in with the 5-0. Wouldn't that have been a "welcome back to the office" surprise!

No comments: