Saturday, August 04, 2007

KFC ran out of chicken

Last night I went to the local Taco Bell Express/KFC to buy a bucket of chicken for dinner. My daughter and I stood in line and waited our turn. While waiting, I overheard the counter-people offering Empanadas because they were out of biscuits.

Undeterred, I still ordered the bucket of chicken we wanted. Evidently my wife has been craving fried chicken after Brittney Spears did something (non-leg spreading) with some fried chicken greasy fingers. We were warned, "We are out of extra crispy and it will be 15 minutes before it is ready."

"So, you are out of chicken right now," I inquire?

The kid at the counter said, "No. It will be 15 minutes." Not wanting to debate the finer points of out of stocks and having the product when the customer wants it, I called home to see if burritos would suffice as an alternative. While I was calling I was overheard and questioned by two people about KFC being out of chicken.

This was also the same Taco Bell that ran out of tortillas for Crunch Wraps (seriously) and asked me to buy 50 Chicken snackers (in jest).

You've got to wonder if there is an opportunity for a suuply chain professional there? Good food, good humor...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I still want some. Where's my chicken? where's my chicken?!?!? WHER'S MY CHICKEN!!!!!

Unknown said...

I still want some. Where's my chicken? where's my chicken?!?!? WHER'S MY CHICKEN!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the chicken for dinner. And the chicken for breakfast. You rock!

Beau said...

I'm glad you enjoy eating my...



Chicken.