Friday, November 24, 2006

Help defend me from false claims of libel

My wife has made public claims that I have libeled her, by writing that her Sweet Potatoes were actually Sweet Potato Casserole.

The Free Dictionary has the following definition:
cas·se·role Pronunciation (ks-rl)n.
1.
a. A dish, usually of earthenware, glass, or cast iron, in which food is both baked and served.
b. Food prepared and served in such a dish.
Is this blue dish a casserole?
We're putting this one to the people of the internet! Help defend me! Feel free to comment here or on the accuser's blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A number of us just had a similar discussion last week. I think that while technically you are correct and that referring to sweet potatoes as a "casserole" is true to the word of the definition, that your comment probably isn't true to the spirit of the definition. I would add the nuance of saying that a casserole is not only cooked in a casserole dish, but is also a dish comprised of multiple solid ingredients (tuna, noodles, etc).

So...you're both right! Isn't that awesome?

-Roger

Beau said...

Thanks for the support!