Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Confessions and coercion

I haven't ran in a week and a half. It started the previous weekend; we stayed up too late and didn't have Alec come to swim practice last Tuesday. I slept i and that was the breaking point. This morning, it was raining and I just didn't feel like it.

That is my problem. I like to run but sometimes I just lack the motivation to get out and do it. Then, I take advantage of the little things (like the rain or the lack of sleep) to get out of it.

That's my confession.

I know I won't be running on Thursday either. There are pies to be made and risotto and more. We'll be sharing Thanksgiving with some of our friends in the neighborhood, so I'll need to run afterwards...

On to the coercion part:

Last night, I went with Heather to the monthly co-op preschool meeting. I volunteered to go with her (maybe with the hope that we'd go out for coffee afterwards). During the meeting, the teacher leaned over to me and asked me, "How did you get coerced into coming here?"

Heather was at the meeting and sure, there were only Mom's there (the lone father who was attending the meeting came late).

No coercion here!

No comments: