Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Matches from long-lost hiker save pair in San Jacinto Wilderness

Can you believe this. A couple gets lost and stumbles upon the gear of another hiker who got lost a year ago - and was never found - assumed dead. They also found his journal. Creepy.

It turns out that his old gear ended up saving them.

Matches from long-lost hiker save pair in San Jacinto Wilderness

Yeah, I was a Boy Scout and I really believe in be prepared.

That's why at my Engineer Basic Course I was humping a 80 pound rucksack in our field exercises and could have gotten away with much less.

That's why when we go hiking as a family I always carry more than I need to. If I end up getting stuck in the woods, dammit, I'm going to be comfortable when they find me.

These people got lucky.

1 comment:

Laura @ itsjustlaura said...

I'm not sure "humping" is the right verb to use there! I have other images I'm sure you didn't intend! :)