Saturday, February 11, 2006

Cooking themes

Two weeks ago, I decided to have a theme for the dinners that week. I chose Comfort Foods. It kind of started with the contribution of the Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes at our dinner with Roger and Gina.
Monday night was mushroom risotto.
Tuesday night was Chipotle Macaroni and Cheese. The kids really like it, even though 1) it is spicy and 2) it isn't Kraft from the box.
Wednesday night was polenta and grilled sausages.
Thursday night was lasagne.
Friday was back to the usual friday night pizza.

But it continued. For my birthday, I received a crepe pan and a grill pan with panini press. So all this week, I've made panini. Panini for dinner, panini for lunch when I've worked home. It is great. I've printed up all the panini recipes from cooking light and am looking for more. Heather isn't usually big on sandwiches for dinner, but she seems to really like panini. Which is good, because they are easy, fun and good to eat. I really like the gooey melted cheese!

No comments: