Saturday, January 21, 2006

Big O Tires

My MINI developed a slow leak in the right rear passenger tire. No worries, though, they are run flats. Today, after my kids swim practice, I stopped by Big O tires to get it repaired. They worked for about 40 minutes, and some of it was pretty hard work, because run flats are difficult to get back on the wheel - and didn't charge me a dime.

I expected to pay a little for the repair, something like $10.

I was impressed. They made a Big O customer out of me.


Wal-Mart wouldn't do that for me. In fact, Wal-Mart once did nothing to a tire, because they couldn't repair it. They gave me back my car with a flat tire and thought nothing of it - because they couldn't repair the tire. They didn't even offer me the option of buying a new tire. I got to Wal-Mart after their shop had closed but before the cashier had gone. And I couldn't do anything with my car.

No comments: