- I like a lot of espresso. I do also like espresso a lot. I drink about 6 shots a day. Ten on the bad days. I will try just about anything with espresso in it - I even made an espresso creme brulee twice (I forgot how bad it was the first time around).
- My favorite dessert is creme brulee. Not any of the fancy flavored ones (no green tea or chocolate), just a pure and simple creme brulee. And I think that it is snobby to refer to is as "the burnt cream," as they called it at the Chena River Lodge in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- I lived for 4 years in Fairbanks, Alaska and have slept outside in just my sleeping bag at -26 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I love the outdoors, camping and hiking and wish I could spend more time with those pursuits.
- I really like haiku. The formal structure appeals to the engineer in me.
- Since I was ten, I haven't lived anywhere longer than 5 years. I hope to change that here in Washington.
- I haven't gotten any taller since I was a freshman in high school. I was pretty tall then. Most people have caught up with me now.
- I love new technologies and being on the leading edge. However, I am cheap (my friends tell me I am frugal) and that keeps me from being an early adopter of things that cost money. No iPhone here.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
8 Random Facts
Helen once again tagged me, this time for eight random facts about myself. So here goes.