Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summertime in Seattle?

My calendar tells me that it is summer time - it is after the 21st of June.

Yesterday, I wore shorts and a t-shirt to a swim meet and I got sunburned on my legs. Today, I wore pants, a sweatshirt and a Gore-tex parka because it was cold and rainy.

Only in Seattle could summer be like this.

I learned an old Northwestern adage today.

If you can't see Mount Rainer, it is raining.
If you can see Mount Rainier, it will be raining soon.

Ain't that the truth.

2 comments:

Erik said...

don't forget "If you don't like the weather, wait an hour" - during my tenure at least, NW summer weather was usually really variable.

In any case, it could be worse - it's been mid 90s with 50+% humidity here recently - blech!

Beau said...

Erik - thats a good one too. As to the humidity, thats not for me either.

All the time I spent in the South wasn't my choice, it was the Man's.