Friday, March 31, 2006

69% Nerd

So this is how stuff travels through the blogosphere. A blog I read, Welcome to MY World, mentioned this Nerd, Geek or Dork test. She had read about it on her friend’s blog, took the test and posted it. Now, I too, took the test and posting my results.

Check out the The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test

Now, for what you were either 1) waiting for or 2) already knew:

Pure Nerd
69 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 4% Dork
For The Record:



A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.



You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.



The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.



Congratulations!


This might actually be true, because I noticed that the totals don't add to 100 percent. But since I also noticed that I was 69% Nerd, I might actually be somewhat of a dork!



Go ahead, post your comments that say you already knew this!

1 comment:

Mark said...

I just took the test and it turns out I'm a "modern, cool nerd." I'm not sure I can take much satisfaction from that with my off-the chart nerd score (98% nerd, 72% geek, 28% dork).