Heather went to Costco on Monday and bought a big container of strawberries, so its just me and a bunch of strawberries that need to be eaten before they spoil. Usually, in our house of five, with snacks and school lunches, the strawberries would just disappear. But with only two of us for half of the week, our consumption rate slowed significantly.
But I came up with a simple and quick way to make a strawberry smoothie!
I don't like watered down drinks and so a smoothie with ice just isn't as smooth, but sliced strawberries freeze quickly and provide that cold iciness and a banana provides the smoothness.
I used some almond milk for liquid, but coconut milk would probably be a good choice too. Or if you're feeling really like clean eating, make your own almond milk.
Quick Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Makes about 2 16 ounce glasses
2 good handfuls of strawberries
dash of vanilla extract
about 1 cup almond milk
- Wash, core and slice the strawberries. Arrange on a plate and put in the freezer.
- Put a banana in the freezer.
- Let them freeze for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Once you're ready, scrape the strawberries into your blender.
- Peel and slice the banana in 1/2" slices into the blender.
- Add a dash of vanilla extract and about 1 cup of almond milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie among your glasses and enjoy!