The Jawbone MINI JAMBOX is a rechargeable, portable speaker that connects to your smart phone via Bluetooth or mini-stereo plug. Its the smaller sibling to the BIG JAMBOX speaker, but it still has the good sound quality that Jawbone is known for. The MINI JAMBOX also serves as a speaker phone and I've only used it for one call and my parents didn't even notice.
I primarily use the MINI JAMBOX in my bedroom and bathroom. Dropkick Murphys playing. It's great listening to music as I read in bed and I love having music in the bathroom with me. I'll bring the speaker into the bathroom while I shower, and its loud enough to be heard over the running water and the bathroom fan. I've recently switched to a double edged razor (more on that in another post) for shaving and I savor shaving with some
The speaker has an all aluminum construction and is small enough to fit in my back pocket. Its small enough to take it on trips or on a picnic lunch. There are a few controls on the speaker itself, a multi-purpose play/stop/forward/backward button (depending on how many times you push it) and volume up and down buttons.
I now keep my Bluetooth on my phone turned on all the time, so its just one button to turn on and my phone can make great sounding music. I just wish my Jawbone II headset was upgrade-able so it'll tell me the battery life through the app.
- The MINI JAMBOX has excellent bass response, especially considering how small of a box it is. You can feel the bass when it makes its startup sound. Enough to move the speaker if on uneven footing
- The Jawbone app is awesome and is available from iTunes or Google Play.
- The speaker will talk to you; alerting about low battery or no devices attached. You can even change the voice!
- It goes up to 11.
- To change the voice, you need a Windows or Mac machine, unfortunately there isn't Linux support. Yes, I want the MINI JAMBOX to speak to me in the sultry voice.
- There is some audio lag when watching video. I think that this is just a function of Bluetooth and its only slightly noticeable when watching a documentary type video.
I was not monetarily compensated for this post. Heck, I might not even get unfettered usage of the MINI JAMBOX if Heather decides to take it back from me. But I still honestly think its an awesome speaker.