- Security lines are shorter at the airport
- You can sleep your way across the country (you'd be asleep anyways at home)
- You miss less time with your family.
- It doesn't matter the quality of your hotel bed, you'll be so tired you'll sleep anywhere.
- If you're a frequent flyer (which I'm not), you're more likely to get upgraded.
- Sunrise viewed from a plane is beautiful.
- Because you spend one night on the plane, you need to bring fewer clothes and save on a hotel bill.
- Good reason to expense a non-stop flow of coffee drinks.
- Its really hard to sleep on a plane. This can mitigate the benefit of #2 above
- By the end of the day at your destination, you're wiped out.
- When you show up at work in the morning, people expect you to be rested, which you are not.
- Makes for some long days.
- You miss out on the snacks and drinks because you're asleep.
- Once you get home, not only do you have to catch up on the home things you missed, but sleep too.
What do you think - red eye or not?