Tuesday, September 09, 2008

An international conflagration

I started a fire in Europe today. Nope, unlike some of my friends, I have not left the country recently. Amelia, a friend of mine on Twitter, tweeted a few days ago, that she was looking for a recipe for chicken parmesan.

I recommended a Williams-Sonoma recipe that I had just tried, Provolone and Pancetta Stuffed Chicken Breast. It's not chicken parmesan, but it was really good.

She tweeted that she was starting to make dinner and then an hour later there was this:

Oops, housewife career nearly cut tragically short. Had a little fat fire incident. All is well now. The Bean had to be evacuated next door.
I almost burned down a house, a little kid and Ameila making dinner, all while drinking espresso in the morning!

So it turns out that it was just in the pan and that dinner came out okay. Amelia said, "it was just on oil fire. The pan is finished but everything else was still on the bench, sweet."

As a public service announcement, watch out for grease fires when cooking. Ameila says, "damn it happened fast!"

4 comments:

Erik said...

I think the moral of the story here is that you should pass along the Böh's Spring Shower Chicken recipe, instead of some commercial thing...
Now that I think about it, it's been years since I pulled that recipe out. Hmm - guess I know whats for dinner tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm going to watch out for you from now on. You're dangerous!

(J/k) :)

Thanks for the recipe - it was good!

Beau said...

Erik
I've gotta find that recipe!
Thats a blast from the past.

Amelia,
Glad you enjoyed it!
Oh and you know it, I'm dangerous! :)

Unknown said...

Snort. Dangerou!

Heh! Mah huzband, man o' mystery and daggers...