Sunday, June 01, 2008

Shopping

Yesterday, I got some new shorts - its spring time, so it is nothing remarkable.

My oldest son and I went shopping, sort of a strange father-son activity:
  1. refit the liquor cabinet with vodka, tequila and rum and some bloody mary mix
  2. I needed new socks
  3. my wife strongly encouraged me to get some new shorts
  4. oldest wanted to buy some candy
We ended up going to about 6 different places, which made the experience all the more humorous, as I forgot to buy the mixers at the liquor store and Target. We ended up at Safeway, with a detour at REI, where on top of the mixers I bought steaks and potatoes and mushrooms for dinner.

I got home and showed off my shorts to my wife - all of which she approved of. I was fairly certain she would find them acceptable because before we left, she said that our oldest had good taste. At the store, he stood outside the changing room and gave the shorts a thumbs up, down or in the middle or the best vote of 2 thumbs up. I have now doubled my non-soccer short wardrobe and none of the new ones are khaki!

I started to prep dinner and realized that I bought steaks for braising not for grilling. I didn't want braised meat, I wanted grilled steaks, with oven fried potatoes with a sage leaf, sauteed mushrooms and onions and a salad. My dinner wasn't going to be stopped, back to the store I went.

Sure, I did some other things on my Saturday (chess with a 6 year old, bike rides, working on final exams), but the amount of shopping that my son and I did approached silly. And thus, I share it with all of you.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some dinner that needs cooking, shopping done and a few other requests. Can you train Steve?

Beau said...

Unfortunately, I am not a good trainer. Good cook, yes? With assistance of my son, good shopper, but not trainer.

And sometimes, I am hard to train too. The part that I left out of this blog was my sock purchase. Heather wants me to buy ankle high socks and I don't like them. I bought crew socks anyways, to which Son 1 said, "Sometimes you just have to face the fury."

Isn't that what your fists of fury are for?

Or maybe web-based (lightbulb) shame?

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Face the fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG dying!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously? Crew socks are illegal in nine states including Washington. ;P