Saturday, March 29, 2008

Raped by higher education

I just bought my text books for this next quarter. I'm only taking two course, an Accounting course and a Marketing course. You'll have to forgive me if I'm walking funny, I've been raped.

My text books cost over $400. Two classes. Today, my wife and I went to the bookstore and purchased 1 reader and 1 text book. I had already purchased another textbook online. The cashier did a double-take when he saw what had been rang up for the two books sitting in front of him. He took a quick look at the books and knowingly said, "Ah, business school."

At least he was kind enough that as he handed me my receipt, with the typical, "Thanks for shopping at the bookstore," he also added, "I'm sorry for you and your classmates."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I said in my post, I felt like a Jodie Foster victim-type and I needed a shower after buying you books.

Man, that was just so wrong to pay that much for a TRIMESTER's books.

Crazy.